Whether an individual decides to complete a project or hires a professional for the job, the type of decorative concrete tools used in the project makes a difference in the outcome. Substituting even one tool can completely change the surface and may not be in a good way. Fortunately, one of the top companies in Orlando supplies these tools.
The exact type of decorative concrete tools used depends on the project. For instance, the person doing the work would rely on different things when applying an epoxy overlay versus stamped concrete. Regardless, the following are the tools considered the most important.
- Monitoring Moisture Content – When working with decorative solutions, especially in Orlando, it’s vital to keep track of the moisture in the concrete. The reason is that some products have a high sensitivity level to relative humidity. For an exceptional outcome, an RH moisture probe is essential.
- Perfect Edging – Many experts now have a special tool for edging as one of the essential decorative concrete tools they use. This makes polishing edges just as easy as diamond polishing the center of a floor.
- Trowel – Even something as simple as a trowel has a significant impact on the completed work. To achieve a smooth and dense surface, trowels are commonly used after the floating process. With this, a homeowner or installer can finish the job with a smooth polished finish.
- Stamping Mats – To create a textured surface that resembles wood, brick, slate, rock, and so on, installers use stamping mats. For this, homeowners can choose from a standard template or have an expert make a custom design. These mats go onto the surface. By applying pressure, they transform plain concrete into a surface with a beautiful design.
- Groover – Another one of the most critical decorative concrete tools is the groover. In addition to creating grooves, this helps protect areas where cracks might form because of weather changes or shrinkage.