There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
CS 250 is designed to help newly poured concrete curing process with two main features. First is to evenly cure concrete by maintain moisture not just on the surface, but within also, aiding the concrete to reach its full potential in compressive strength. The harder the concrete matrix becomes, the longer the concrete will last. Many find that using cures on freshly poured concrete that has been colored such as color hardener or integral color additives, helps manage efflorescence, strengthens the cream finish (top of the concrete), and consistency of color. There are two types of Cure and Seals; dissipating and non-dissipating. The second feature for cure and seal would be the sealing properties. Not only does this help protect the fresh concrete, it provides color enhancement.
CS 250 by SureCrete is a solvent based, non-dissipating, cure and seal finishing membrane that enhances the curing process of freshly placed concrete and provides protection simultaneously. Upon application, it forms a water retentive film that beneficially restricts moisture loss allowing concrete to reach its optimal cure and hardness, providing an economical alternative to costly, time-consuming water curing. The formulation of cure n’ seal makes it possible, as the name suggests, for it to be applied during the curing process of newly poured concrete.
How to Apply CS 250 Concrete Cure and Seal Products:
SureCrete’s Cure and Seal products are some of the easiest on the market to use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be thoroughly clean, free of all contaminants and porous enough to accept a sealer coating.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 24 hour period following application.
- SureCrete’s CS Series concrete cure and seal can be implemented by roller, airless sprayer or pump-up sprayer. Whatever your application technique, make sure to apply thin, even coats over your surface.
- Two coats are typically suggested with any exterior project receiving a cure and seal product, with the second layer being applied as soon as the first coat can be walked on, and is used in the same manner as the first coat.
CS-250 is a twenty-five percent solids, solvent based, non-dissipating, color enhancing, gloss finish curing membrane that meets the following standards:
- ASTM C 1315-11: Standard Specification for Liquid Membrane-Forming Compounds Having Special Properties for Curing and Sealing Concrete
- ASTM C 309-11: Standard Specification for Liquid Membrane-Forming Compounds for Curing Concrete
VOC Rating 600 g/L
Type of Acrylic Styrenated
Appearance (Cured) Clear, Gloss
Appearance (Wet) Clear
Application Temperature 50°F – 90°F (10° – 32°C)
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...