There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
Super 30 is a single-component, 30% acrylic solids, 600 g/L, color-enhancing, high gloss sealer developed for SureCrete overlays or any cement-based product. It is vapor permeable, yet reduces the penetration of fluids into the surface. Super 30 will enhance the beauty, improve stain and abrasion resistance, and provide UV protection for driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, stucco, and concrete blocks.
Temperature / Weather
- Avoid application on extremely cold or hot days or during wet, foggy weather.
- Apply with ambient and surface temperatures ranging above 50°F (10°C) and below 90°F (32°C) and that will remain within ranges for at least 12 hours following application.
- Do not apply outside if precipitation is forecast within 24 hours of application.
- The substrate must be dry throughout all steps.
Super 30 Application
- Utilize a bucket grid to apply in a thin film.
- Roller covers require a solvent-resistant core.
- The correct nap size varies due to texture. For example ¾” is recommended for heavy textured patterns, while ¼” mohair is
recommended for very smooth surfaces.
- Do not allow puddling.
- Exercise care to eliminate roller tracks through back rolling.
- The airless sprayer should be capable of a minimum .5 gpm discharge.
- Tip size should be approximately .015” – .019” with a 65° fan.
- For horizontal surfaces utilize an 8” – 10” extension.
- Maintain a wet edge between passes.
- Select a solvent-resistant sprayer.
- Select a fan or cone tip as preferred that can pass 20% solids product.
- Have sufficient tips on hand to allow clean-up that will not interrupt application.
- If necessary, backroll the sprayed area to lay the product flat.
When the first coat is able to be walked on, a second coat may be applied. Best protection is achieved through the application of two thin coats.
- Applies identically to the first coat.
- Allow 24 hours of cure time prior to foot traffic.
- Allow 72 hours of cure time prior to vehicular traffic.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...