There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
Surecrete’s SureBond is a concrete bonding agent for SureStamp, Deep Patch, and other cement repair products. SureBond is a just-add-water product available in a 50-pound bag in a white powder form that can be colored with any of SureCrete color packs including gray.
Product Data Sheet | download
Safety Data Sheet | download
SureBond™ is a single component, just add water, cement-based overlay bonding agent specifically developed for use with SureStamp™ and Deep Patch™. Its only function is to join these products to the host surface like concrete. It’s high cement content, and dry copolymer agents create the premier bond, while the little aggregate micro dowel’s into the substrate or area to be patched. SureBond™ is packaged with white cement and can be colored to match the overlay being applied on top by the use of SureColor color packs like gray.
When dealing with thicker texture patching and overlays for concrete, adhesion can become a serious issue. At SureCrete, we don’t recommend our contractors or DIY homeowners take any risks with their decorative and restorative concrete projects by having weak adhesion where they need it the most.
How To Properly Apply SureCrete SureBond?
- Any surface receiving a cement coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 6-qt’s. Water to a five gal. (18.9 liters) pail.
- Add 1 – SureColor “color pack” if desired.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer equipped with a cage mixing blade for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Slowly introduce SureBond into the pail with mixer running.
- Scrape side of the container with a margin trowel to ensure all dry product is incorporated into the wet mix.
- Continue to mix for a minimum of 1 minute after all ingredients are combined to achieve a lump-free consistency. Additional water may be added up to a total of 7 qt. (7.1 liters) per 50-pound (22.7 kg) bag.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...