There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
MicroTek One Coat is an ultra-thin, micro-topping, cement-based overlay mix that can be applied on floors and walls. Available in a white or gray mix and can be colored with SC Color packs. The coverage rate is 200-300 sq. ft. per bag. Can be colored with SC Color Packs (sold separately).
Product Data Sheet | download
Safety Data Sheet | download
MicroTek™ One Coat is a single-component, self-bonding, cement-based, extremely thin overlay for interior concrete surfaces. MicroTek One Coat was designed to yield an exceptionally smooth tight-troweled finish that can provide a new “blank canvas” for decorative concrete floors. It may also be placed vertically on interior walls, creating the look of Venetian plaster.
Application is accomplished by trowel or “magic trowel”. MicroTek One Coat is prepared with gray cement or white cement that may accept SC Color packs.
MicroTek MIX RATIO
5 to 6 quarts (4.7 – 5.7 liters) water to one 40-pound (18.1 kg) bag of MicroTek One Coat
Optional: 0.5 pound (227 g) Color Pack – 30 standard colors (see SC Color TDS)
Depends upon application and substrate One 40-pound (18.1 kg) bag of MicroTek One Coat = 200 to 300 ft²
*NOTE: Finish coat coverage range varies on desired texture being created
- Add approximately 5 quarts (4.7 liter) water to an empty 5 gallon (18.9 liter) bucket.
- Add 1 color pack of SC Color if desired. Caution: Color Packs may streak, as color particulate is larger than aggregate of mix. See SC Color TDS.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer, such as an Eiben-stock model #EHR 20R or a half-inch (12.7 mm) 450 – 600 rpm drill equipped with a cage mixing blade. SC Color requires comprehensive mixing in water prior to introduction of MicroTek One Coat.
- With mixer running, slowly introduce MicroTek One Coat into the pail.
- Scrape the side of the pail with a margin trowel to ensure all dry product is incorporated into the wet mix.
- Continue to mix for a minimum of one minute after all ingredients are combined to achieve a lump-free consistency.
- Additional water may be added, up to six quarts (5.7 liters) total, per 40-pound (18.1 kg) bag.
- COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH ASTM C-109 | 28 days 4278 PSI (29495 kPa)
- FLEXURAL STRENGTH ASTM C-348 | 28 days 995 PSI (6860 kPa)
- TENSILE STRENGTH ASTM C-190 | 28 days 440 PSI (3033 kPa)
- ABRASION RESISTANCE ASTM D-4060 | 28 days <.50%
- MOSAIC SHEAR ANSI A-118.4 | 28 days 280 PSI (1930 kPa)
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...