There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
SureSpray is a single component (just-add-water), cement-based, thin concrete overlay that can be applied via hopper, trowel, or squeegee. Available in Standard and Summertime formulations. Can be colored with SC Color Packs (sold separately).
Product Data Sheet | download
Safety Data Sheet | download
SureSpray™ is designed to resurface concrete surfaces without compromising color, design, or texture. Sure Spray is a proprietary, single-component, self-bonding, white Portland cementitious overlayment. SureSpray can transform old, spalled, or worn-down concrete by eliminating surface defects, increasing wearability and coefficient of friction (COF). SureSpray is the most versatile single-component overlay on the market, due to its ability to create the largest variety of textures and designs:
- Euro-Texture (Slop Trowel)
- Stipple (Bubble Finish)
- Wet Bubble (Orange Peel)
- Wood Grain
- Stencil Patterns
- Tape Patterns
SureSpray is formulated and optimized using special copolymers to create superior adhesion and flexibility in both exterior and interior applications. These applications include: restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, surface protection, and creating slip resistance. Typical venues for these applications include areas such as: hardscaping, pool decks, wet areas, patios, outdoor living areas, sun rooms, basements, and most interior residential and retail floors. When SureCrete Sure Spray is properly applied and sealed, it will produce an attractive, high-strength wear surface with a long lifecycle and low maintenance. SS applications do not contribute to Sick Building
Syndrome (SBS), and when sealed with a resinous coating, can create an allergen-free interior flooring solution.
Due to Sure Spray’s diverse applications and textures, there can be a significant difference in water demand. Additionally, porosity of substrate and environmental conditions can affect water demand as well. Approximate water demands for SureSpray (50 lb. bag) is 4 to 6 quarts (3.8 – 5.7 L) of clean water. While water demands vary, the steps for mixing remain constant:
- Carefully measure needed clean water and pour into a 5-gallon (18.9L) pail.
- If color is desired, use one (1) SC Color™ color pack per 50 lb. bag. Open SC Color and pour all the contents into the clean water in the 5-gallon pail.
- Thoroughly mix the SC TruColor into the water with a handheld concrete mixer equipped with a “Cage Mixing Blade” on low speed
for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Slowly introduce SureSpray into the pail while the mixer is running.
- After all the Sure Spray has been added to the pail, scrape side of pail with a margin trowel to ensure all dry product is incorporated
into the wet mix.
- Continue to mix for a minimum of one (1) minute after all ingredients are combined to achieve a lump-free consistency. Additional water may be added at this time, with total water demand not exceeding six (6) quarts.
NOTE: On larger projects, the use of a mortar mixer is allowed for the proper mixing of SureSpray. Careful consideration should be given to ensure water and color packs are properly measured to the exact bags of SureSpray being mixed (as mentioned in steps 1 through 6 under Mixing).
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...