There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
SureTex is a cement-based knockdown overlay that has a slightly larger aggregate than other overlays to help create deeper textures and designs. SureTex is available in (2) mix designs: standard and ST (summertime). Can be colored with SC Color Packs (sold separately).
SureTex is a thin, cement-based overlay for both interior and exterior concrete surfaces. Its slightly larger aggregate creates deeper textures, and its chemistry allows quicker surface drying than most overlay products. SureTex is frequently applied by compressed air spray equipment (commonly a hopper gun), it was additionally designed to be troweled from the simplest of knock-down to the most elegant Euro-texture.
Restoration, repair, resurfacing, architectural accenting, surface protection, and creating slip resistance of existing concrete are all realized through Sure Tex. It is seasonally user-friendly, and available in standard formula and “ST” for hot weather.
Due to Sure Tex’s diverse applications, there can be a significant difference in water demand between systems. Weather conditions and porosity of substrate will affect water demand as well. Approximate water demand for different systems per 50-pound (22.7 kg) bag of SureTex equals 4 to 6 quarts (3.8 – 5.7 liters). While water demands vary, the steps for mixing remain constant:
- Add desired water to a 5-gallon (18.9 liter) pail.
- Add one (1) SC Color if desired.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer, such as an Eiben-stock model #EHR 20R or a ½” (12.7 mm) 450 – 600 rpm drill equipped
with a cage mixing blade for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Slowly introduce SureTex into the pail with mixer running.
- Scrape sides of pail with a margin trowel to ensure all dry product is incorporated into the wet mix.
- Continue to mix for a minimum of one (1) minute after all ingredients are combined to achieve a lump-free consistency. Additional water may be added as required.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...