There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
XS PROCAST PLUS
SureCrete’s XS PROCAST PLUS is a concrete countertop and furniture mix is a single component, just add water, pourable concrete bag mix that is designed specifically for cast-in-place projects where a troweled finish is desired. The precise blend and fine aggregates, cement and dry polymers creates a mix that is suitable for a variety of applications and casting techniques.
Product Data Sheet | download
Safety Data Sheet | download
XS PROCAST PLUS a single component, just add water concrete bag mix that is designed specifically for cast-in-place projects where a troweled finish is desired. The precise blend and graded fine aggregates, cement, fibers and dry polymers creates a mix that is suitable for a variety of applications and casting techniques. The material can also be mixed to a low-slump clay like consistency for hand packed finishes or a flowable material for smooth finishes, simply by adjusting the amount of water mixed with the dry material (up to 4.5 quarts of water per 50 pound bag). The material’s natural white color is beautiful as is or can be combined with Surecrete’s SC Color Packs at a rate of 2 SC Color Packs per 50 pound bag of PROCAST PLUS as well as topical colorants for an unlimited range of colors and effects. To complete and protect your project, XS Procast Plus is compatible with several Surecrete Sealers and finishes to ensure your project not only looks great, but also stands the test of time. Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Indoor or outdoor countertops
- Wall caps
- Vertical Panels
- Other Architectural Elements
XS PROCAST PLUS MIXING & APPLICATION
Single Bag Batches
- Utilize a hand held concrete mixer with a helical (spiral) mixer blade, such as a Collomix Xo1-KR or larger. Add desired amount of clean mix water into a 5 gallon (or larger) bucket.
- If integral color is desired, add 2packs of Surecrete SC Color into water and thoroughly mix. Please note that the amount of mix water that is used will determine the final color of the material.
- Begin by adding 1/3 of the XS PROCAST PLUS mix into your bucket and mixing until a flowable, lump free mixture is created.
- Scrape the sides of the pail, and then continue to add XS PROCAST PLUS and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- If the material needs to be loosened up, you can add small amounts of water until the consistency you are looking for is achieved, provided you do not exceed 4.5 quarts for the entire 50 pound bag. Mix water ratios beyond the maximum 4.5 quarts per 50 pound bag will result in material that will not perform as designed.
- If your project requires multiple bags and you are using SC Color packs, consider pre mixing all the color in a large vessel, and draw your colored mix water from this vessel in precise quantities to ensure color consistency from batch to batch. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you constantly agitate this colored mix water during the process to ensure that the pigments stay in solution and do not settle to the bottom.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...