There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
XS Veining™ is a dry broadcast medium used to create natural looking veins in the XS mixes. It is single component, cement-based, and available in 11 colors to offer a wide array of stone-like expressions. The synthetic iron oxide pigments are color fast and UV stable. All ingredients are pre-blended into the quart jar for user–friendly application.
Depends upon application and substrate 1.5 lb jar (.68 kg) jar of XS Veining = approximately 58 in.³ (946 cm³) OR Vein that is ¼” wide X ½” deep X 20’ long
XS Veining Application
XS Veining may be broadcast dry or placed as a paste. The dry broadcast method creates a more rugged, yet natural-looking vein through a stone face. The paste method leaves no voids and when placed properly, yields equally pleasing organic shapes.
- Place XS Precast in the bottom of the mold where the vein is to be located.
- Toss XS Veining against the wet edge of the XS Precast.
- Push excess material into the vein using a small chip brush.
- Vacuum or blow with compressed air unwanted remainder of XS Veining out of the mold.
- Randomly brush any area where vacuum or blower may have created a visible pattern.
- Mist the vein with a spray bottle to activate the cement.
- Continue the placing of the Xtreme Precast, exercising care to cover the vein without disturbing it.
- Mix 4 parts Xtreme Veining to 1 part water.
- Tool into place where desired in base of mold with very small trowel or butter knife.
- Place Xtreme Precast, exercising care to cover the vein without disturbing it.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...