There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
XS Color™ color packs are conveniently premeasured to individually tint any single XS bag mix. XS-Color are pure, synthetic, iron oxide pigments that contain no fillers that will affect the performance of the XS bag mix being tinted. Color consistency is maintained from sack to sack.
XS COLOR MIXING & APPLICATION
XS / DFRC MIXING
- Add required XS Modifier to a 5 gal. (18.9 liter) as directed by XS TDS.
- Empty XS-Color (Color Pack) into modifier prior to addition of dry bag mix.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer with a helical (spiral) mixer blade, such as an Eibenstock model #EHR 20R.
- While mixing add XS bag mix as directed in appropriate TDS. Note: multiple bag batches may be appropriate; always maintain mix ratio of 1 – XS Color (Color Pack) to 1 – XS bag mix for color consistency.
XS Slurry MIXING
1. Estimate quantity of XS Slurry required, allowing for possible future touch-ups.
2. Add a portion of dry XS-Color (Color Pack) to dry XS Slurry and stir in making sure color pigments are “broken” and mixed in thoroughly.
3. Set aside some of dry mix for possible future touch-ups.
4. Slowly introduce water into XS Slurry and mix by hand or with cordless drill equipped with a jiffy-style mixer, add water slowly to achieve desired slurry viscosity.
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...