There are so many fantastic brands of solvent acrylic sealer to choose from. Whether you are looking to create a pristine clear coat or change the color with pigment. The team at Select Surface Solutions have (3) three pro-tips that will help you choose the right...
XS GFRC FACE
XS GFRC FACE mix is a dual-component, sprayable, hybrid GFRC, high early strength, casting mix. Available in both white and gray cement. Can be colored with XS Color Packs or SC Color Packs (sold separately).
Product Data Sheet | download
Safety Data Sheet [Bag] | download
Safety Data Sheet [Modifier] | download
XS GFRC Face mix is a dual component cement based bag mix that perfectly reads the mold or casting surface upon which it is placed, providing a near flawless precast piece. It is not a “stand alone” mix, but is designed to be used in concert with XS Precast or XS Backer. XS GFRC Face greatly reduces the materials and labor required to construct traditional precast concrete. Reinforcement steel is eliminated, thinner precast pieces are routine, quicker production times are accomplished, and no “B” mold is required. A stronger, denser and more flexible cementitious composite is created by combining cutting-edge technology with modern fiber advancements. With a wide range of coloring and texture selections along with the manipulation of water demand and placement, design considerations are nearly limitless. XS Face produces concrete countertops, fireplace mantles and facades, shower surrounds, wall panels, furniture and many other architectural elements. XS Face is the perfect medium for residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
XS GFRC FACE MIXING
- Utilize a handheld concrete mixer with a helical (spiral) mixer blade, such as an Eibenstock model #EHR 20R or similar.
- Thoroughly mix XS Precast Modifier.
- Add 1 gallon (3.8 liter) XS Precast Modifier to a clean 5 gal (18.9 L) pail or similar mixing vessel
- Add XS Color (color pack) to XS Precast Modifier (if desired) and mix. Some design elements require the addition of and mixing up to 8 volumetric oz. (0.5 L) of XS Packing. For specific directions on XS Packing refer to its TDS
- While mixing add approximately ¾ of the XS Face bag.
- Continue mixing until a loose, flowable consistency is achieved.
- Scrape sides of pail with margin trowel to prevent dry pockets from forming.
- Add remaining XS Face and continue to mix for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Up to an additional 16 oz. (0.5 L) water may be added for a more fluid mix.
MIXING RATIO | 1 gal (3.8 L) XS Precast Modifier to 1 – 50 lb (22.7 kg) bag of XS Face + up to 16 oz. (0.5 L) water
COVERAGE | 1 – 50 lb (22.7 kg) bag of XS Face = approx. 20 – 25 ft² @ ¼” (1.9 – 2.3 m² @ 6.35 mm) OR 0.43 ft³ (.01 m³)
DENSITY | n/a
COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH ASTM C-109-08
3 day – 9,340 PSI (64,397 kPa)
7 day – 10,120 PSI (69,775 kPa)
28 day – 10,120 PSI (69,775 kPa)
FLEXURAL STRENGTH ASTM C-348-08
3 day – 820 PSI (5,654 kPa)
7 day – 835 PSI (5,757 kPa)
28 day – 660 PSI (4,551 kPa)
TENSILE STRENGTH ASTM C190-85
3 day – 405 PSI (2,792 kPa)
7 day – 490 PSI (3,378 kPa)
28 day – 505 PSI (3,482 kPa)
Reviews & Ratings
Tips & Tricks
Summer temps in June will average around 91 degrees. Shop temperatures will be warm, our AC’s will be working hard to lower the humidity. Both situations can make casting concrete challenging. To give yourself more working time with Xtreme Mixes, you should keep your...